[MUD-Dev] New Beginings

David B. Held dheld at codelogicconsulting.com
Thu Jun 6 16:53:37 CEST 2002

From: "Paul Schwanz" <paul.schwanz at east.sun.com>

> I think the original poster asked specifically for information on
> multi-platform languages, though, which *is* a reason to rule out
> C++.

Nonsense.  Java runs on one platform: the JVM.  C++, on the other
hand, runs on virtually every platform in use.  Writing portable
code takes discipline, no doubt; but it's done every day by
thousands of developers everywhere.  While the JVM itself has been
ported to quite a few platforms, many other languages are only well
supported on a few popular platforms or niche platforms.

Dave