[MUD-Dev] New Beginings

Zach Collins {Siege} zcollins at seidata.com
Thu Jun 6 23:05:41 CEST 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Paul Schwanz wrote:

> I haven't actually gone back in the thread to check, but if I
> recall correctly, Java/Python were recommended over C++ because
> they are multi-platform, not because they have GC.  Performance
> issues as

They were.  And by the way, Python v2 and up happens to have a
module that lets you control the GC, meaning you can write your own
if you really want to, and use that instead, or do other interesting
things with it.  Very useful if, for example, your Python
interpreter is running as an embedded process in a C++ program (not
uncommon).

--
Zach Collins (Siege)