[MUD-Dev] Striving for originality

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Jun 11 10:21:25 CEST 2002

From: Travis Casey [mailto:efindel at earthlink.net]

>  - Make magic rare -- design things so that not just anyone can be
>  a magician.  The minus side here is that players are going to
>  hate it -- no one's going to want to be told that they're not one
>  of the lucky few who get to play a magician, just because of the
>  roll of the dice.

It will be incredibly interesting to see how the limiting of Jedi
powers in SWG plays out. If you aren't aware, the team won't tell
anyone the specifics of how one becomes 'force sensitive' but
allegedly all players will be given the opportunity. I can only
think that it will be tied into one's behaviour in certain 'point of
interest' events, but that's merely the only way I could think of
doing it.

If they can keep the mechanism a mystery for longer than the beta
lasts I'll be duly impressed.

Dan