[MUD-Dev] Striving for originality

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Tue Jun 11 20:11:26 CEST 2002

From: "Edward Glowacki" <glowack2 at msu.edu>

> I have to agree with Matt on this.  There's nothing that says a
> "mage" has to be "old, wizened, and fragile".  Why couldn't a mage

I didn't say fragile, but if that's what you think I meant than go
for it.  (is vaguely reminded of a recent post where someone
mentioned how you could describe a full system and a 1 liner gets
all the attention)

If you wanna see my response to this... see my reply to matt.

The simple fact of the matter is I think a "mage" should describe
someone who spends most of his time learning magic and magic is his
main ability.  If magic is secondary then you're describing
something else entirely.  My system does support using magic as
secondary... but if you're primary focus is magic then I don't think
you should be standing where you can get hit.

-- Kwon J. Ekstrom