[MUD-Dev] Ownership

Draymoor a Vin il'Rogina draymoor at cloud9.net
Tue Jun 11 21:54:46 CEST 2002

From: "Caliban Tiresias Darklock" <caliban at darklock.com>

> No graphical MUD will *ever* be able to give me that, even if it
> matched the color I imagined *perfectly*...  because I cannot
> extend the metaphor in a picture.

On the other hand, a text mud can't offer the same sense of space
that a graphical mud does. Could you imagine implementing
battlefield combat a-la Final Fantasy Tactics, where all combatants
are at a definite X-Y-Z coordinate, on a text mud? Ascii can only do
so much, and query commands are cumbersome. The same applies really
to any coordinate-based mud.

I think the choice of text vs graphics comes down to what you find
more damaging, limiting space perception or limiting vision. What
about a compromise between the two?