[MUD-Dev] The Future of MMOGs... what's next? (fwd)

Talanithus HTML talanithus at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 13 16:31:34 CEST 2002

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>

> This was the topic of a panel at GDC this year. My answers were:

>   - no, the next batch of games will not be revolutionary
>   - yes, the next revolution will likely be user content
>   - and it's probably five years away, really

> (Gordon Walton replied with, "stop depressing me and everyone
> here!")

LOL.  Well I'm glad I am not alone in my hopes for the future of the
industry, though I really am not looking forward to waiting 5 years,
so here is to hoping you are wrong, Raph!

Talanithus Tarant
  UO Lake Superior - http://uols.net
  Tel'Mithrim - http://www.grey-company.org
  UO Powergamers - http://uopowergamers.com