[MUD-Dev] Relaunching a MUD?

Kent Peterson urquan at rocketmail.com
Sat Jun 15 06:24:00 CEST 2002

I recently rejoined an old mud hangout of mine as an elder, only to
find that with its ninth year in operation had come complete
stagnation, losing all but about five players and a half-dozen
login/chat/logout wizards - on average one person at most will be
logged in at any given time.  I'm thinking of this a challenge.
There are a number of things that have needed doing; this is a good
opportunity to do them while pissing off a minimum of players.  What
I'm wondering is, once the re-engineering is done, does anyone out
there have suggestions for how to best recruit a new playerbase?

=====
Kent Peterson                    urquan at rocketmail.com

"... there was always a minority afraid of something,
and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the
future, afraid of the past ..."
               - Ray Bradbury, _The Martian Chronicles_