[MUD-Dev] Re: The Future of MMOGs... what's next? (fwd)

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Tue Jun 18 10:13:18 CEST 2002

According to shren:

> Last I heard, the concept of a central vault is gone.  Each server
> can have it's own vault which stores characters.

If that is so, then the central paradigm of NWN is dead. NWN's main
attraction was that Vault characters (i.e. those located on the
central vault) would be the mainsteam way of wandering between the
various "shared universe" servers that were popping here and there.

Without the Vault, most of these will close themselves; you will
need a character on each, as no "serious" server will ever accept an
outside character.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)