[MUD-Dev] It's About Time Department (Mule Characters)

Tess Snider malkin at terpalum.umd.edu
Wed Jun 19 21:47:34 CEST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Koster, Raph wrote:

> UO had pack animals back in 1997. :) I'd be surprised if there
> weren't text muds with the feature...?

I know LP-MUDs have had pets that could carry things for years.  They
have taken many forms, from gallant horses to pox-addled skeletal minions.
Some were summoned, some were hired, some were created, and some (namely
the undead ones) were made from your fallen foes.  I, for some unknown
reason, have a great affection for making useful things from dead
monsters, so I took great glee in casting a spell to raise Lucky Charms
or Madonna or whoever from the dead, to be my happy skeletal pet for the
day.  My sister, being a nobler sort, had a horse for carrying her things.
How dull. :)

Tess Snider