[MUD-Dev] Time Theory

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Fri Mar 15 07:33:21 CET 2002

--On Thursday, March 14, 2002 10:59 AM -0700 Travis Nixon
<tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com> wrote:
> From: "Marc Bowden" <ryumo at merit.edu>

>> The only - ONLY - videogame I ever saw do that successfully was
>> "Roommate Yuriko" for the Saturn (someone who actually plays
>> dating sims, catch me up if I have the name wrong), where you had
>> to play at certain times of day in order to catch the girl at
>> home or doing something specific. And this worked ONLY because of
>> the nature of the milleu and the audience.

> The gameboy pokemon games did that as well.  Certain pokemon only
> appeared at night, which was linked to real time.  :)

Thanks. I'll add that to my collection of design features that
sounded good *coughpowerglovecough* but didn't quiiiiite meet
expectations. =)

And how did that feature pan out? I mean *was* it crucial to the
playability of the game?

  - Marc, he who files away gaming trivia for later use /
     Trying to not be doomed to repeating history