[MUD-Dev] EQ RPG

Freeman Freeman
Thu Mar 21 08:56:49 CET 2002

From: Bill Williamson
> From: "Jeff Freeman" <skeptack at antisocial.com>

>> Looking for EQ info on the web?  If EQ were a popular PnP RPG,
>> there'd be no end to it.

> I've played EQ, AO, and DAoC, and I can testify that there IS no
> end to any mmorpg info even without PnP.

> There are so many
> info/fan/fanzine/fanfiction/clan/guild/map/item/etc sites out
> there it can be scary.

True, that.  I was thinking more in terms of *new* content though.
Dungeons, quests, items, NPCs and stories that don't exist in EQ at
all right now, but will as soon as people start playing the PnP game
and posting their junk all over the internet.

It'll be interesting to see how much confusion that creates for
players that only play online: When they go to look up the Best
Weapon For My Class And Level and hit some fan-created ubersword
that doesn't exist in the online game, etc.