[MUD-Dev] Massive Online Gaming magazine

Zach Collins {Siege} zcollins at seidata.com
Fri Oct 4 03:16:08 CEST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Dr. Cat wrote:

> "big 5" games (UO, EQ, DAOC, AO, AC), and a few pages each on the
> "second tier" games (currently Lineage, WW2 Online, and Furcadia),
> shorter profiles of some other games, and the "Ping" section has a
> paragraph, screenshot, and basic info on everything they know of -
> some 100 games or more in the first issue.  Said issue also has a
> Q&A with our own Raph Koster, and four pages of "designer note" by
> me.  Starting in the second issue, there'll be an regular opinion
> and/or industry news column I'll be writing for them.

Since you'll be writing for them, perhaps you can acquire and post
an explanation for what criteria determines a game's rank as "Top
five", "Second tier", or "Other".  My impression is that Anarchy
Online isn't in the top five in terms of population or income, and
how is Furcadia within the top eight, not to mention Lineage's
second-class ranking.  I'd also appreciate seeing some data to help
back up that explanation.

--
Zach Collins