[MUD-Dev] Re: Furcadia improvement

Ling Lo ling at slimy.com
Tue Oct 8 07:29:05 CEST 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Dr. Cat wrote:

> There was a wonderful game called Chipwits back in the 1980s where
> you built a "program" to control your robots by connecting
> together little graphic things in a grid of squares, with an arrow
> pointing from each one to whichever command thingie would be
> executed next.  A conditional branch would have two arrows.  Each
> control had a little icon on it that showed what it did.  I don't
> think I'll ever get to an interface THAT visual for DragonSpeak.
> But I do envy the visuality and accessibility of that idea.

Butting in at random here: There was a Playstation 1 game called
"Carnage Heart" which offered programming robots using a big grid
and stuff.  I can't imagine it being fun to use on a Playstation
pad.  Anyway, thought this might be interesting to those who wanna
check out an example of the technique.

--
  |   Ling Lo
_O_O_