[MUD-Dev] In Real Life

Matthew Dobervich matthew.dobervich2 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 14 02:43:11 CEST 2002

This looks interesting; if I was in the Los Angeles area I would
definitely give this a look.  Anybody in LA want to post a review
here for the rest of us?

  http://www.lucidbyproxy.com/irl.shtml

Writer/director Rick Robinson's new comedy is rich in the
exploration of the absurdities of human relationships in a digital
age: The characters of I.R.L. (In Real Life) have lost themselves in
Wizard's Exile, an online game where the players meet each other by
proxy, wearing the masks of their fantasy alter-egos. I.R.L. focuses
on Nathan, an IT professional from South Dakota who has run out on
his fiancé to meet his online buddies in Los Angeles, Michelle
Merlot, an actress adrift in LA, Reyes Ruiz, who has come seeking
Michelle's hand in marriage, hoping that she'll love him as much as
his character in Wizard's Exile, and the mysterious Gavin the Black,
who has killed each of the players time and again in the game. When
they finally meet offline, they begin to discover the difficulties
of relationships in a real-life setting.