[MUD-Dev] PKing minors

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu Oct 31 12:01:52 CET 2002

From: Richard A. Bartle [mailto:richard at mud.co.uk]

> I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here already, but GamePro
> have a report on the banning of PKing for under-18s in Korean
> virtual worlds:

Can this not just be avoided by redefining killing to be knocking
unconscious or something?

I went into a back street cyber café in Hong Kong two weeks ago,
where everyone was playing Lineage et al, frankly the awful pop
music that the games continuously looped seems far more dangerous
than the act of killing ;) It nearly drove me to taking my own life
in the real world.

Dan