[MUD-Dev] Ballerium: Interesting Game

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Fri Sep 6 09:04:33 CEST 2002

From: "John Arras" <jra at cs.umd.edu>

> I was surfing and I came across this site:

>   http://www.majorem.com/

> and their game: Ballerium. I am not sure what to make of it, but
> they're trying to make a MMORTS, where you don't leave the world
> when you log out, but instead stay online controlled by AI.

I've spoken to them during this year's ECTS in London. The game
looks good and the idea is really nice. They've already got a
publisher for Asia and they're looking for someone publishing their
game in US and Europe.  What's really nice is that you've got a
world of unlimited dimensions. As the players roam around the world,
the game engine creates randomized new slices of the map in order to
never let the player reach a boundary.  You can control your troops
and engage in battles against other players, all of this in real
time. And when you log out the AI takes control of your troops
trying to mimic your actual way of playing.

--
Valerio Santinelli
One Man Crew Gaming Community (http://www.onemancrew.org)