[MUD-Dev] ANNOUNCE: Open Betas

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Thu Sep 12 10:27:24 CEST 2002

According to Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com:

>   Neocron : www.neocron.com (don't try to download from fileplanet
>   as they will force membership upon you, try the alt sites).

>   Earth & Beyond : www.earthandbeyond.com

To be added to that, Turbine is moving, or rather trying to move
Asheron's Call 2 (www.asheronscall2.com) to the open beta phase. I
suspect this is probably a schedule issue in Microsoft's launch
plan, since the game isn't in a shape I'd show it on public beta
(which is perceived by the public as a demo, rather than a beta).

Anyways, the access to AC2 beta can be gotten by buying Computer
Games Magazine, whose October issue (on sale since Monday) include a
CD, login and password.

If I understood right, the Earth&Beyond beta is also downloadable
from File Planet and they're doing a promotional offer on this,
i.e., you get at the end of the download a registration code to
enter the beta (if you're a subscriber - if you're not, you can't
download it anyway from fileplanet).

They did that for AC2 two weeks ago, offering 10,000 beta accounts
for the first subscribers to download, and the thing is, a lot of
people I've seen recently in beta did subscribe to File Planet just
to get that download.

If there's people interested in me reporting on AC2 beta, it's now
possible since the NDA has been lifted. Assuming you're not all
already in the beta, that is :)

E&B is supposed to go gold anytime now, AC2 and Neocron are
announced by resellers as a mid-november release.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)