[MUD-Dev] UO Advanced Character Service

eric ericleaf at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 19 12:20:05 CEST 2002

From: "Jessica Mulligan" <jessica at mm3d.com>
> <ChristopherA at skotos.net> wrote:

>> Ultima Online, for their 5th anniversary is offering some new
>> 'powerup' services:

>>   http://www.uo.com/uopowerup.html

> This would have worked much better as one feature among several on
> a premium-priced shard, segregated from the 'normal' population to
> make it special and to limit the potential deleterious effects.

> Or, as Dennis Miller says, that's just my opinion; I could be
> wrong.

You are, or wrong in that this will create any *new* problems. You
can go on ebay and get the same for less, or spend more for much
more. However ebay is still better, IIRC skill gain upto 70 is cake,
and from 70 to 85 is still fairly easy, its only the 90+ that is
time consuming and worth spending money to avoid. I'm actually
finding it hard to understand the value here, its a good idea, one
I've been wanting for years (not just UO) but they seem to have half
a thought on what you are saying so are treading carefully by only
giving 85s in skills. Nevermind that I can go on ebay and get a
maxed character for $10.