[MUD-Dev] UO Advanced Character Service

Ted L. Chen tedlchen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 05:44:13 CEST 2002

Christopher Allen writes:

> Ultima Online, for their 5th anniversary is offering some new 'powerup'
> services:

I'm curious as to the economic viability of this.  After all, $30 to
me doesn't seem to cover the cost of the customer
support/GM/programmer time that goes into each name change or new
account creation.  Not to mention the paperwork and accounting
(which may be traded with programmer time if they automated it).

I'm not even touching the social implications of officially
sanctioning advanced characters or allowing name changes.  It
doesn't seem to add up, or am I missing something?

TLC