[MUD-Dev] UO Advanced Character Service

Jessica Mulligan jessica at mm3d.com
Fri Sep 20 20:15:56 CEST 2002

At 04:39 PM 9/20/2002 -0700, eric <ericleaf at pacbell.net> wrote:

> You are, or wrong in that this will create any *new* problems. You
> can go on ebay and get the same for less, or spend more for much
> more. However ebay is still better, IIRC skill gain upto 70 is
> cake, and from 70 to 85 is still fairly easy, its only the 90+
> that is time consuming and worth spending money to avoid. I'm
> actually finding it hard to understand the value here, its a good
> idea, one I've been wanting for years (not just UO) but they seem
> to have half a thought on what you are saying so are treading
> carefully by only giving 85s in skills. Nevermind that I can go on
> ebay and get a maxed character for $10.

You make a good point.  Or, as someone wrote on the BTH forums
(http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=150486#post150486)
tonight:

  "I've never played UO, so my assessment might not be exactly
  fair. But my first thought is that the game must not be very fun
  if people are willing to pay to avoid playing it. "