[MUD-Dev] Winnable MMO

szii at sziisoft.com szii at sziisoft.com
Thu Apr 3 12:47:01 CEST 2003

From: "Chris Mancil" <cmancil at ubi.com>

> Well in Shadowbane you can not only defeat your enemy, but destroy
> their cities and assets and force them into shame and beggary in
> the meanest hovels of outlying areas called ruins. I personally
> thought that was a good definition of winning. The only thing we
> forgot was the lamentation of the women.

> But I could be wrong.

You can't touch the bank accounts/mules, though.  Any large guild
will have considerable wealth amassed in these boxes and will be
able to rebuild entire cities fairly quickly.

"Winning" implies a finite event/discrete point in time at which the
measurement is taken..otherwise you're just "ahead" in the game.

-Mike