[MUD-Dev] Winnable MMO

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Apr 8 06:48:27 CEST 2003

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Threshold RPG wrote:

> This would be an extremely positive development in the MMO
> world. There would be more variety and every MMO wouldn't be out
> there to hit the 500,000 subscriber mark.

The vast majority of MMOs do not plan to hit 500,000. Only a handful
do. I promise you that games like Meridian 59, Underlight, Puzzle
Pirates, to name but a few, have no delusions about their ability to
attract that # of users. Speaking of variety, look at the three
games I mentioned. Meridian 59 is largely focused on PvP. Underlight
is focused on roleplaying. Puzzle Pirates is focused on social
people who like Popcap-style puzzle games.  Lot of variety right
there.

--matt