[MUD-Dev] pluggable MMOGs

Lee Sheldon lsheldo2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 09:11:42 CEST 2003

From: ceo

>> Disney's Virtual Kingdom (a project far more ambitious than

> Is (was) this related to Kingdom Hearts, out of interest?

Nope, although I got a chance to play Kingdom Hearts in Beta.  Odd
mixture, but it worked surprisingloy well I thought.

>> Finally, all of the licenses needed to fit -stylistically- into a
>> coherent and consistent world.

> Gulp.

Yup.  Gulp.

> Is there any chance the project might get resurrected? Are you
> free to re-use some of the innovative stuff elsewhere
> (i.e. depends upon what precisely you were innovating)?

I doubt the project will get ressurected anytime soon.  They just
didn't see all that time and money as justified when compared to the
cost/profit ratio of "So You Want to Be a Millionaire?".  As for
using the ideas... I always see these buried projects as at least
opportunities for some concept and play testing that might lead to
something else (Although I'd really like to work on a project that
actually launches again - it's been a few years!).  The issue of who
owns what gets a bit tricky, but in practice ideas are hard to
police.  I'm already applying some of the dynamic world stuff
(allowing players to directly impact world and
story)... elsewhere...

Lee