[MUD-Dev] student informational interview

feebleman feeble_man at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:20:11 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am a student at the Art Institute of Seattle in the Video
Production program. A current project for one of the courses entails
conducting informational interviews with people working in a related
field. While PWs may not be directly related to video production
their potential to be the next big form of mass entertainment is of
great interest to me.  Most of the other students and teachers do
not see video games in any sort of legitimate light. Machinima has
left most of them scratching their heads.

If possible I would appreciate anyone willing to take the time to
answer a few questions for this project.

Thank you for your time.

Steve Wilson

<EdNote: Please remember to reply off-list>

  1. What new companies or technology are just beginning to
  influence the industry or are causing changes in current trends?

  2. Which trends are over and no longer have any impact on the
  field?

  3. Where do you think the industry is going in the next 3 years?

  4. What types of re-training, if any, have folks in the industry
  had to undergo in order to stay current?

  5. Where do you think the industry as a whole is headed in the
  next 10 years?

  6. How long have you worked in the industry?

  7. How did you get your first job?

  8. How long did it take to your first real job?

  9. Do you belong to any networking organizations?