[MUD-Dev] Slashdot story about review of Bartle's new book

Dave Rickey dave at mutablerealms.com
Wed Aug 20 09:10:58 CEST 2003

From: "Richard A. Bartle" <richard at mud.co.uk>
> On 13th August, Christer Enfors wrote:

>> There's a story in the games section on Slashdot that points to a
>> review of Bartle's new book.

> Oh well, it's not like many people were likely to buy it anyway.

Repeat after me: "There's no such thing as 'bad press'.  There's no
such...."

Anyway, the column wasn't really intended as a review and I wish
Skotos hadn't headlined it as one.  I'm currently writing an actual
review for /.  that hopefully they will pick up.  It will have a
different tone, the column was written on the assumption that it
would only get read by people who normally read Skotos (IOW, people
already in the business).  I really never expected it to get picked
up by /.

--Dave