Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM (wasComp lexities of MMOG Servers))

Russell Lewis spamhole-2001-07-16 at deming-os.org
Wed Jan 15 09:19:42 CET 2003

Zach Collins (Siege) wrote:

> This mechanic happens to be a part of Final Fantasy 11: Go to your
> character's house, talk to the moogle there.  One of the options
> is to change your character's job (class).

And of (Japanese) Final Fantasy 3 (or maybe 2, I forget).  As you
advanced through levels, you gained a special type of points that
would allow you to change classes.  "Similar" classes required few
points, large differences (uber-fighter to uber-mage) required more.

It was interesting; you could adventure awhile and then go
experiment with a new class.  Even spells were redistributable -
instead of a mage "learning" them; you had tokens that you would
give characters, giving the capability to cast for as long as they
had the token.