[MUD-Dev] RE: Treadmills vs. Skill (was re: Brand Loyalty...)

Ted Milker tmilker at thewretched.org
Wed Jan 15 15:26:23 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 05:01:35PM -0600, Damion Schubert wrote:

> and its very, very difficult to break in.  As a result, I notice
> the community slowly atrophying - at launch it had 500 CTF
> servers, now it's closer to 350.

Which game had 500 CTF servers?  And unless you play them all, how
much of this atrophying is really coming from lower infusions of new
players versus fickle server admins?  Servers jump the FPS ship
regularly when a new game comes online.  The skills are overall the
same in between games.  I've had little trouble alternating between
any number of FPS games and still do well.  I think the overall
population of FPS games has increased over the years but it is much
more spread out over many different games.

Ted