Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM(wasCompl exities of MMOG Servers))

Quinn Quinn
Fri Jan 17 15:28:31 CET 2003

Damion Schubert wrote:

> "Power hour" isn't perfect, by any means.  In fact, UO has since
> changed their model to one which I am not as familiar with.

The replacement for Powerhour is called the "Guaranteed Gain System"
(GGS). Nowadays in UO, whenever you succeed in a skill you have the
potential for skill gain. After a period of time, if every skill
gain possibility is failed, GGS forces a minimal skill gain.  The
higher your current skill, the longer the period of time between
forced skill point gains.

Keith

=========
Sannio