[MUD-Dev] RE: Demodom (was Brand Loyalty (was...))

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Fri Jan 24 13:31:01 CET 2003

From: "Russell Lewis" <spamhole-2001-07-16 at deming-os.org>
> Ted L. Chen wrote:

>> Extensions of this theme can be letting players decide whether or
>> not they allow a 'camera-man' to follow them around, even into
>> private spaces.  Judging by the number of web-cams on the net,
>> I'm sure there are some people out there who might turn this
>> feature on.  Just a few might provide enough close, personal
>> 'content' for the demo-mode monitors.

> Just a thought, what about this system:

>     - Players can "invite" follower cameras

>     - Players know who is watching them

>     - Players can talk with watchers, like a group-tell.  Watchers
>     can ask questions, make comments, etc.  Players can talk about
>     experiences in the world, give tips, etc.

This brings to mind a thought I've had numerous times that could be
incredibly cool, if the technological details could be worked out.

Allow the players to buy working video cameras, and share tapes with
their friends.

It probably would be a little out of place in your typical fantasy
world, unless you call it a scrying gem or somesuch, but it fits
perfectly into a more modern setting, and I imagine people would
have a blast playing around with it.

:)