[MUD-Dev] Announcing Shadow Door: an NPC Control Interface for Neverwinter Nights

Robert Zubek rob at cs.northwestern.edu
Mon Jun 9 22:29:09 CEST 2003

In regard to the discussion from a few months back, re Neverwinter
Nights and MUDs, I thought it would be relevant to cross-post this
announcement here. We've just released the first version of Shadow
Door, an NPC Control Interface for Neverwinter Nights.

The interface allows you to control non-player characters from
processes external to the game. It gives AI developers the option to
write their intelligent NPCs in arbitrary languages and on arbitrary
platforms, and run them inside the NWN game world alongside human
players.

More information can be found at:

  http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~rob/software/shadow-door/

Cheers,