[MUD-Dev] A Founding Father Forgotten

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 18:15:27 CET 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 11:29, Scott Miller wrote:

> Today I wrote a story for the website I used to run. After
> attending the MUD-Dev dinner, I felt that this was a story that
> needed to be told. I am sure that some of you know who Dave
> Arneson is, yet there are far to many who do not.

> You can find the story here:

>   http://www.unknownplayer.com/archive/03/03/12/1453.php

Dammit, if I'd known Dave Arneson was going to be there, I'd have
made a real effort to go to it...

As a somewhat correction to your article, though, it should be noted
that while the TSR crew right after Arneson left may have disliked
him, the current folks don't.  Indeed, they had him as one of their
invited guests (along with Gygax) at the rollout of third edition
D&D, and the third edition books have "based on Dungeons & Dragons,
created by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson" in the credits.

Now for the really obscure question... anyone know what the RPG Dave
Arneson created after he left TSR was?  :-)

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>