[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Server Bottlenecks

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Wed Oct 1 15:20:56 CEST 2003

gbtmud wrote:
> Jeff Thompson wrote:

>> The Portable Coroutines Library (PCL) is a nice implementation of
>> this concept and includes it's own example threading library. You
>> can find this library at http://xmailserver.org/libpcl.html This
>> library is unfortunately GPL, so you may wind up needing to roll
>> your own.

> Is there anyway to access this capbility from Java? I am trying to
> program a server in Java, and I am worried about the performance.

Assuming you aren't already experienced with co-routines...being
"worried about" performance isn't a great reason to adopt a new
technology. Although co-routines are actually pretty simple to get
your head around....

I suggest you go to google and do a search for ""mud-dev" java
server performance"; this is ground that has been trod many times
before :)

Adam M