[MUD-Dev] Budget (was re: size)

Michael Sellers mike at onlinealchemy.com
Sat Oct 4 22:42:05 CEST 2003

Amanda Walker wrote:

> If we go back to the *context* of this discussion, the claim was
> being made that graphical MUDs take a lot of money and time to
> develop, which is why they require a big bankroll.  Sure, if we
> assume they don't, that does solve the problem, but that wasn't
> really the question at hand :-).

I'm curious to hear how *cheaply* anyone who's seriously looked into
this thinks a graphical MUD could be made.  There are several
MUD-ish games out there such as A Tale in the Desert or Puzzle
Pirates that are probably the best examples of top-quality games
made on a frugal budget.  But I'd be willing to bet that even these
are way out of the class of what almost anyone would consider
inexpensive.

Mike Sellers