[MUD-Dev] Scripting Languages and Magic

Jo Dillon jo at groupinfo.com
Fri Oct 10 09:22:51 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 17:22, Patrick Dughi wrote:

> Its appeal is fairly narrow, it's entrance requirements are high
> (at least to do anything non-trivial), and the learning curve can
> be a big deterrant.

These are, of course, things generally associated with magic in most
fantasy worlds. Making it hard to learn and do non-trivial magic may
help reduce the number of spellcasters in your world, making them
rare, mysterious beings with awesome power, just as they are in your
average fantasy setting, which I would view as a good thing.

--

	Jo