[MUD-Dev] TECH: Question about Bartle's new book

Christer Enfors mud-dev at enfors.net
Tue Sep 2 07:15:36 CEST 2003

I'm in the process of reading Bartle's Designing Virtual Worlds.

On page 291, footnote 51, Bartle writes:

   "I put a smimple expert system into MUD2 to control mobiles in
   fights, but toned it down because it turned out to to be better
   than many players. It's merely a question of balance."

This sounds very interesting. Does anybody know where I can get more
information about this expert system, and a rough overview of how it
was originally designed? And in what way he toned it down?

Perhaps even Mr. Bartle himself would care to comment? :-)

--
Christer "Dannil" Enfors