[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Who owns my sword?

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Fri Sep 5 05:15:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Scott Jennings wrote:

> If you make MMO companies as liable as doctors to malpractice
> suits, many fewer commercial MMOs (none, in other words) will be
> made. I suspect this is not something you want to encourage.

Well, or minimally they'd stop being made in the US. Were my company
at serious risk of being held liable for this kind of thing we'd
either shut down or move somewhere with a more reasonable legal
system.

But hey, maybe there's hope for America yet. A judge tossed out that
suit against McDonalds by two fat kids today who claimed that it was
McDonalds fault they ate too much and didn't exercise.

--matt