[MUD-Dev] Load Testing a MUD

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Tue Sep 9 17:34:10 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 11:38 AM, Marc Bowden wrote:

> We've never done *that*, per se, but we do force-load new areas
> all at once to see what kind of load impact it has on the shared
> machine. This can turn up some interesting problems before they
> hurt you...

This is actually one way one of my users tests the LPC driver: he
runs script which randomly loads every single object in the mud, and
then randomly destructs and re-loads them. It's not quite as good as
a 'real' loadtest, but already helped a couple of times in finding
tricky problems.

Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com
GPG Key: http://www.bearnip.com/lars/lars-duening.gpgkey