[MUD-Dev] ghost mode (was Re: SW:G)

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Sep 10 14:42:33 CEST 2003

From: Erik Bethke [mailto:erik at taldren.com]

> How serious is this hole in the bucket of undesirable advancement?
> I think spectating is a terrible important device that is very
> much under served.

Watching people play computer games is wildly over-rated. Have you
ever spectated in Quake etc? Fun for 5 minutes and then utterly
tiresome - its not a medium that is easy to present to the viewer.

I can't think of a single MMORPG where the gameplay and graphics are
sufficiently interesting that I'd want to remotely spectate any of
them unless I was trying to obtain tactics for completing an
encounter.

Dan