[MUD-Dev] Rewarding Beta Testers (There's Pricing Deal)

SamuraiCat! at Catacombs SamuraiCat! at Catacombs
Sun Sep 14 21:31:17 CEST 2003

At 05:16 PM 9/11/2003 -0700, David Loving  wrote:

> I think that there is a reward that beta testers do deserve- a
> free copy of the finished game. It doesn't cost much money to
> produce the physical goods and they are still paying the monthly
> subscription. IMHO it's not worth $45 for a game that you have to
> turn around and pay even more for just the right to play, even
> with the first month free especially if I contributed to the
> development even in only a very small way. But, you can't give
> away CD's to everyone, of course.

Personally, I (and hundreds/thousands of other past/present beta
testers, I would guess) think that's a peachy idea. And not even CDs
- just a link to a downloadable client and a cd/account key would do
it for 99% of folks, methinks. It's much more feasable than lifetime
accounts, financially. Most folks I've talked to, who I've been in
beta with, don't seem to have any real issue with paying the monthly
fee like everyone else - but the most frequent "why didn't they" bit
was the free client issue.