[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Markee Dragon

Frank Crowell frankc at maddog.com
Mon Sep 15 20:13:23 CEST 2003

From: "Mike Shaver" <shaver at off.net>
> On Sep 13, katie at stickydata.com wrote:

>> I do agree that admitting that in-game items are worth real-world
>> cash money is fraught with potential problems of a variety of
>> natures, and is also largely uncharted territory.

> I think the most effective defense here is to push everything back
> into the service space.  You are not selling a sword.  You are
> selling the act of "transferring" a sword from one character to
> another.  (Does eBay permit auction of services?)

Ebay chickened out on the Everquest issue to the point where their
EQ section is dull dull dull.  But I believe that UO is alive and
well on Ebay - haven't looked in a while.

The other major site is Playerauction and it gets fairly good
activity but it doesn't match what Ebay was getting before they
backed off.