[MUD-Dev] Seamlessly Distributed Online Environments

Crosbie Fitch crosbie at cyberspaceengineers.org
Wed Sep 17 09:42:35 CEST 2003

From: Adam M

> In Napster/Kazaa/etc I get no reward for poisoning other people's
> files. In fact, unless I'm particularly malicious by nature, and
> into upsetting other people, I probably get almost no benefit at
> all. ("almost" because I might enjoy the technical challenge, or
> do it once for a joke, or something).

Excellent. At last, someone else to help support my argument. :)

So, if we have a world comprised of files describing wonderful 3D
scenery, then people will be similarly disinclined to corrupt them.

Making blanket generalisations that the player is the enemy closes
the mind to a whole new class of solutions.