[MUD-Dev] Seamlessly Distributed Online Environments

Kim bookwyrm at solluna.org
Thu Sep 18 10:58:45 CEST 2003

On 2003-09-17 15:41:13 -0400 (Wed), Brent P. Newhall
(me at other-space.com) wrote:
> "Adam M" <ceo at grexengine.com> wrote:
>> Crosbie Fitch <crosbie at cyberspaceengineers.org> wrote:

>> In Napster/Kazaa/etc I get no reward for poisoning other people's
>> files.

> And what reward is there in this p2p "shared world" scenario?

Spam.  Lots of Spam.  Poisoning the system with redirects, pop-ups,
virtual 3D billboards in the world to advertise the same sort of
things I get in spam email.

If you had as many people doing that with all the energy and effort
they use today to try to avoid spam filters... good luck.

Kim

--
Kim      bookwyrm at solluna.org                 http://solluna.org/
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance