[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Who owns my sword?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Sep 24 23:50:57 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:38:11 -0400
Paul Schwanz <pschwanz at comcast.net> wrote:

> Yes, in the same way that rape did not take place in reality in
> Dibbell's "A Rape in Cyberspace."

Writing as list owner:

  In following up on this thread please do not debate whether or not an
  actual rape took place, whether the emotional upset as described in
  Dibbel's article and others upset was valid, consensual, deserved,
  expectable, acceptable, predictable, earned, etc, or how validly
  righteous or not any indignation, revenge mechanics, or cultural
  impacts were.  It is a field dominated by subjective perception and
  narrowly vertical and poorly shared or documented cultural contexts:
  in general, that's a recipe for troll territory.

  I am NOT killing this thread.  This is a request to make my moderation
  decisions simpler and easier.  I would like to see this area pursued
  as there is meat out there to be mined.  However if you go mining in
  that particular direction, please spend a little time making your
  arguments clear and supported.

  Thanks.

--
J C Lawrence