[MUD-Dev] MUD client popularity

Frank Fisher frank at imaginator.com
Tue Feb 3 17:35:29 CET 2004

On Jan 30, Byron Ellacott wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 05:06, Travis Casey wrote:

>> I did sometimes wonder why no one had ever created a mud server
>> that used curses or something like that... I thought about it,
>> but didn't know enough about curses to easily hack it to support
>> multiple terminals instead of just one.

> (n)curses has a "newterm" call to support multiple terminals, in
> the initscr manpage, if you're interested in following it up.

I've been doing some work on a non-MUD multi-user game that does use
curses in some places.  I don't plan to release the code, so I wrote
a memo about the experience to hopefully save some people some
hacking: http://www.imaginator.com/~frank/arts/ncurses.txt NOTE: The
rest of the page isn't really ready.  :)

-F. Fisher