[MUD-Dev] SMOG - small multiuser online game

maddog maddog at maddog.com
Wed Feb 11 20:40:58 CET 2004

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:10:51 -0000 Crosbie Fitch?wrote:

> How about Verse as a basis?

It's interesting to see that the Uni-verse project has gotten
funding in Europe. I can see Verse in use as far as content
delivery.  I have a harder time seeing how it can be use in a
behavioral world where I want to tell objects to move, sit, morph,
hit something, destroy themselves.

Would this mean there are multiple ports and one port is for content
and another port for commanding objects and transmitting states?  I
have found a couple of other protocols that are geared toward
behaviors, but are not good at moving content.

SMOGs are dynamic little guys so a protocol or set of protocols has
to be able to support content update (graphics, audio, and even
code), and application specific behaviors.  Or do you build up the
application behavior from the low-end Verse?

frank