[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

Andres Ferraro andres-SUB at playvault.com
Fri Jul 9 17:48:53 CEST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:14:12 +1000
Paul McInnes <paulmc at syd.microforte.com.au> wrote:

> A shallow USP is the kind of "back of the box fodder" that helps
> raise interest but the USPs that matter are the equivalent to RvR,
> things that take the known features of the medium and give it a
> real twist. Anything else is relatively small in impact compared
> to my 500 hours invested in EQ (or whatever).

What if one a game's USPs was that you can take some of those 500
hours with you?

There are still other factors in a decision (community, familiarity,
how much fun you're having right now, etc), but suddenly this game
has a USP that rises to meet you at your level of
'investment/involvement' and grants you recognition for it.

-Andres Ferraro.
http://www.playvault.com/