[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

Tony Hoyt gmtonyhoyt at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 15:13:13 CEST 2004

Quoting Raph Koster 7/9/2004:

> The single biggest difference I see right now other than graphics
> is the push on the part of graphical commercial game makers to
> make the games less like online worlds and more like limited
> multiplayer games, via instancing and massive streamlining of
> feature sets. This is something the text games could do, but never
> did to this degree, and whether it is the right direction is, I
> think, debatable (though no one doubts that some of the resultant
> games are fun).

It almost sound like your suggesting that the next wave of MMOG's
being produce are more set to a trend of being games before worlds.
Does this go against your philosphy of how online games should be
developed or is it more so the latest fad in MMOG development?

Tony Hoyt

--
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone
wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than