[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Thu Jul 22 17:17:06 CEST 2004

Michael Hartman wrote:

> Honestly, there is nothing exciting about finding Accuracy
> Enhancement (80% chance for the origin you aren't), level 37. Not
> only is it no different in effect than the same Accuracy
> Enhancements you found at level 1, but the odds are it is for an
> origin other than your own (so you cannot use it) and of a level
> so low you wouldn't WANT to use it.

Then you're fighting mobs too low and of the wrong type :P Mobs drop
enhancements on the basis of their "origin" - so technology heroes
should fight clockwork, etc. And as mentioned before, mobs drop
enhancements based on their level. So if you fight mobs above you,
you get enhancements above you.

I still fail to see the fundemental difference between this system
and any other RPG equipment system I've played, except it's much
simpler and quicker. You have equipment. You level up, so you need
better equipment. Just in other games it's called an "Azzkrak
Platinum Sword of HolyCrapThatHurt +75" and in CoH it's called a
level 40 damage enhancement.

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"