[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Ban selling of in-game items for real cash?

Matt Mihaly matt at ironrealms.com
Thu Jun 10 21:46:51 CEST 2004

From: Kwon J. Ekstrom

> Thanks, I dislike "banning" practices from players... doing so
> always increases admin overhead with little/no real gain.  I find
> that players react better to systems that discourage an action
> than an outright ban.

So banning, say, in-game sexual harassment isn't worthwhile? I'm
going to go ahead and strongly disagree with you there.

> IMHO, I believe that anything that can happen to a normal item
> should apply to purchased items.

Nod, I understand that's your opinion, but why? Is that just your
personal preference from you-the-player or is there a reason for it
beyond that that you can back up with data or experience? I don't
think there are many people (any people?) on this list with longer
experience as a developer whose business model is built around
selling in-game items, and I'm missing your logic here.

--matt