[MUD-Dev] JOB: Shattered Prism: Lost Wastelands

Trace Kern TraceFox at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 22:57:46 CEST 2004

<EdNOte: I lost this in the spool for a while, my bad>

Hey all, I just have a simple question (Yeah right) about
non-commercial games development.

I realize that everyone and their little brother are trying to make
'the next big MMORPG', and thus become the next new Everquest, but
is there any room any more for projects to develop MORPGs
(Multiplayer, vs Massively Multiplayer)?  Games which are not
intended to rake in lots of cash, but are intended to be fun to play
and free?

Is there anyone interested in working on these kinds of projects
without the promise of monetary compensation anymore?

I'm asking because I have recently started (Back in January) a
project to make an online game (expected a max of a couple hundred
players most likely). I'm not trying to be the next Everquest, in
fact I personally can't stand EQ and the half-dozen fantasy clones
it has spawned.

Lost Wastelands is first off a sci-fi game, which mixes several
different gameplay types including adventure (killing stuff for
loot, sorry), economic (building cities, factories, vehicles and
equipment), and strategy (hiring or building units to defend your
cities or wage war on enemies).

The server side of the project will be carried out via a MU* server
which I'm allready working to customize for the game. However, I'm
posting here because I would like to create a 2D graphical client to
use to play the game instead of 'traditional' text-based MU*
clients.  To this end I'm going to need to locate a programmer or
two, artist/s, and sound/music people.

Well, I'll close up here cause I can feel the flames rising
allready.  However, if there is anyone out there who might actually
like to hear more about Lost Wastelands, or better yet might want to
help, drop me a line at TraceFox at hotmail.com with the subject 'Lost
Wastelands', and I will be more than happy to answer any questions
you have.

Later!